One Appointment Dental Crown Technology @ Dean Cosmetic Dentistry! Have you ever cracked a tooth or lost a large filling? Maybe you’ve had root canal therapy on a tooth or a front tooth that is broken or has always been oddly shaped? Then you’ve probably needed a crown and experienced gooey impressions and multiple appointments that are inconvenient and frustrating? Does this sound familiar?
What if I told you that you that we can complete your crown – from start to finish – in one, simple visit with CEREC crown? Would you want to know more? At www.deancosmeticdentistry.com we know how important your dental health is to you and your family. We also understand how busy you are. That’s why we work hard to provide excellent dental crowns as conveniently as possible by utilizing the latest dental technology… CEREC.
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a high-tech dental device that we have in our offices that allows our patients to go from diagnosis to walking out of our office with their new crown in place, all in the same day. (Actually, it only takes a couple of hours from start to finish!)
CEREC uses the CAD/CAM or “Computer Aided Design” and “Computer Aided Manufacturing” technology to create your CEREC crown in just one visit. This cutting-edge digital mapping technology charts the inside of your mouth and takes a computer image of your tooth, so it’s very detailed and accurate. Your new tooth is milled out of a solid ceramic block in our office and bonded to your tooth after Dr. Dean has prepared it. It’s that simple!
What is the typical process to get a dental crown?
The process is very time consuming and cumbersome, as a crown is a cap that is often made of porcelain that encases the tooth, creating a permanent protective covering. Before CEREC technology, a patient visiting the dentist for a crown was faced with an involved process:
- After the oral exam, that includes dental x-rays and other imaging the doctor will determine that a crown is needed.
- During the first appointment, the tooth is numbed so the crown can fit onto the preparation.
- Then a mold or an impression of that preparation is made.
- Once this is done, the impression or the mold is sent to an outside lab to make the crown.
- In the meantime, the patient is given a temporary crown, which is worn for one to two weeks until the lab completes the fabrication of the original crown. Unfortunately, the temporary restoration is often weak and comes off easily, which can add embarrassment to a patient’s frustration.
- During the second appointment, the actual crown is finally placed.
What is the process to get a CEREC Crown?
When you get a CEREC Crown at Dean Cosmetic Dentistry, you get to skip the gooey impression and the second visit! The process is much faster and easier:
- After your oral exam and digital x-rays, Dr. Dean will determine if a crown is necessary.
- The doctor will prepare your tooth.
- An intraoral camera is used to take a digital image or impression of your tooth.
- Based on the image, the CEREC software creates a virtual model of the patient’s tooth. The dentist uses this model to construct the tooth restoration on the screen and passes the finished construction wirelessly to an in-office milling machine.
- A high-grade ceramic, plaque-resistant material is then milled, or manufactured, to complete your new crown by the CEREC device. You can even watch, if you’d like!
- After the dentist adds finishing touches to the restoration, he will immediately place the crown on your tooth. Little to no bite adjustment is needed.
- Your CEREC Crownis perfectly sized, shaped, and shaded to complement your individual smile for optimal form and function.
The entire CEREC Dental Crown process is completed in one visit!
Is the CEREC Crown durable?
A CEREC Crown or “same day crown” offers an affordable solution for anyone wanting to minimize their time at the dental office. Some patients ask if the CEREC Crown is as durable as a conventional crown, made in the dental lab. We’re happy to report that there is no difference in the durability of these crowns. You relax, watch television or catch up on your phone. We will do the rest!!
The “same day” CEREC Crown is made faster, due to the computer-aided technology. This makes it possible for our dentists to fabricate the crown quickly with a very high degree of accuracy. Typically, a high-grade ceramic material is used because it is preferred by most patients, especially when having a crown placed on a front tooth. So the process of making the crown does not impact its quality or duration. The restoration can be matched to the color of each patient’s natural teeth, so it looks beautiful and natural.
With twice a day brushing and daily flossing, teamed with semi-annual dental exams and cleanings, these amazing restorations last for years and give our patients beautiful, durable smiles.
Are CEREC Crowns the only restorations made by CEREC?
Other restorative dental services can be treated with CEREC technology to rebuild teeth that are compromised by decay, oral injury, malformation, root canal therapy, infection or multiple fillings. Complete or partial crowns (inlays or onlays), as well as crown and bridge work can also be treated using the CEREC technology. Dr. Donnie Dean guarantees excellent service by continuously learning new technology and staying up to date with the new advances in the field of dentistry.
Want to know more?
If you need restorative or cosmetic dental services to achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of, Call us 865-539-1119. Dr. Dean & his team will recommend the best treatment for you, based on his thorough evaluation. CEREC technology may be a perfect fit for you!
Dean Cosmetic Dentistry is Home of #Cerec -One Appointment Dental Crowns -Dr. Donnie Dean is a Cerec Mentor and Trainer – teaching other dentist on this incredible technology – Cerec Dental Crowns…. For an advanced dental restorative system that allows your dentist to restore decayed teeth, place crowns, remove defective amalgam fillings, or place cosmetic veneers in just one appointment. This allows you to have the highest quality, most life like dental restorations in just one visit to the dentist. Want the latest technology? We have it @ Dean Cosmetic Dentistry – #knoxvilledentist www.deancosmeticdentistry.com 865-539-1119 #onevisitcrowns #knoxvillesmiles