Dean Cosmetic Dentistry Center offers dental implants at our Knoxville, TN, office to replace teeth that have been lost, extracted, or severely damaged by decay. Dental Implants Offer the Ultimate Solution for Missing Teeth. The small, titanium posts offer the ultimate solution for patients looking to achieve a fuller, healthier, and functional smile. The dental implant is placed restored in our office for your convenience
Dangers of Partials and Bridges
There are several disadvantages of choosing a partial denture or bridge instead of dental implants.
- Risk of jaw bone atrophy
- Increased risk of needing a tooth extraction
- Discomfort and looseness
- Difficulty eating and speaking properly
- Tooth sensitivity
- Higher risk of root canal therapy and tooth decay
- Increased risk of losing more teeth
70 Percent of Adults Have Lost at Least One Tooth
By the time they reach the age of 44 years, approximately 70 percent of adults in the United States have lost at least one of their permanent teeth. Tooth loss may be the result of trauma to the mouth, periodontal disease, or even tooth decay. Approximately 178 million people in the country have at least one missing tooth and this number is expected to increase over the next two decades because of periodontal disease.
Replacing Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
By the time they reach the age of 44 years, approximately 70 percent of adults in the United States have lost at least one of their permanent teeth. Tooth loss may be the result of trauma to the mouth, periodontal disease, or even tooth decay. Approximately 178 million people in the country have at least one missing tooth and this number is expected to increase over the next two decades because of periodontal disease. Postponing treatment by not seeking a tooth extraction on time or neglecting your teeth can have a significant impact on your oral health and can impose many serious long term consequences.
The Domino Effect
Many people do not realize that a single missing tooth from a tooth extraction, tooth decay, or an injury can cause a domino effect of changes in the mouth, including additional tooth loss. Since your teeth work together as a unit, losing a single tooth can put strain and pressure on remaining teeth. This can cause wear and tear, tooth damage, and shifting of the tooth. Misalignment can increase your risk of gum problems, tooth decay, and periodontal disease.
If you end up with several missing teeth, you may have complications such as:
- Impaired mastication – It can be difficult to chew certain foods and enjoy your favorite foods. This can compromise your nutrition and may result in weight loss, indigestion, and other health problems.
- Bone loss – If the bone collapses underneath the area where the tooth is missing, you may experience changes in your facial structure and need to have a bone graft before placing dental implants.
- Bite breakdown – Your back teeth can wear down as you get older and the extra strain on the teeth in general can cause a vertical collapse of the facial structure.
- Deformity – Even if the missing tooth is in the back of the mouth, you may have significant bone loss that affects facial contours and creates a deformity of the face or smile.
Dental implants are the preferred option for replacing missing teeth over partial dentures and bridges. For more information about dental implants in or to have a tooth extraction before placing implants, set up your consultation with Dr. Donnie Dean –www.deancosmeticdentistry.com 865-539-1119
New Patients Welcome
*No Dental Insurance? No Problem ask us about A Plan For Health
#Cerec -One Appointment Crowns
“Over 25 years of great relationships.” 🙂😆