A dental crown, also called a cap, fully encapsulates a damaged tooth or a tooth that needs protection. Traditionally, crowns require two appointments: one to prep the tooth and measure for the crown and a second a few weeks later to place the crown. Now, there is a modern dental technology that can accomplish all of this in just one appointment. With CEREC same day crowns, Dr. Donnie Dean and the team at can restore a damaged tooth in one convenient appointment.
Your dentist may recommend a same day crown for a number of reasons, including:
- To protect and cover a cracked or broken tooth
- To cover a tooth that is weak, because of a large cavity or because of a deep crack that is threatening the integrity of a tooth
- To protect a tooth after root canal therapy
- To cover abutment teeth that support a bridge
- To provide the tooth restoration for a dental implant
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or Ceramic REConstruction. This in-office system from Sirona includes a digital camera, 3D CAD software and a milling unit. With these three components, we can measure, design and build a crown at our dental office in ONE appointment!!
Contact us for more information – www.deancosmeticdentistry.com 865-539-1119 #knoxvillesmiles New Patients Welcome *No Insurance? No Problem ask us about A Plan For Health *Cerec -One Appointment Crowns
“Over 25 years of great relationships.” 🙂