Prior to the introduction of 3D dental imaging, clinical professionals had to rely solely on a two dimensional panoramic x-ray, along with personal experience to determine what size and type of implant could be placed. Conebeam 3D imaging allows us now to have a clear view of the patient’s dental anatomy in three dimensions. This information can be used to allow surgery that is now minimally invasive and more predictable.
Our in-house imaging techniques are easily accepted by patients as they sit in a chair while a scanner sends a cone shaped beam of x-rays around the patients oral cavity. The process takes less than a minute. The three dimensional image are immediately stored on a computer, viewed by clinical professionals, and used to help plan the surgical phase of implant therapy. Images are available in a matter of seconds which allows for treatment to begin right away if desired.
Benefits of 3D imaging compared to 2D:
- Improves staging accuracy compared to 2D, which lacks in-depth information
- Gives access to a new, wider range of viewing planes that are unavailable with traditional x-rays
- Helps to determine the best treatment option for patients
Advantages of working with 3D imaging:
- Easily ascertains bone height, thickness, density, and nerve location; and can show other ancillary issues not common with 2D imaging
- Can identify lesions not typically found with conventional methods
- Images can be manipulated and rotated to get the best possible view, and these images can be saved and reviewed as many times as needed
- A diagnosis can be achieved offline when it is most convenient for the operator and patient, leading to faster patient turnaround
- Images can be sent electronically to all team members to assure the most accurate patient treatment and follow-up
ONLY THE BEST Technology for our patients! www.deancosmeticdentistry.com #knoxvillesmiles #newpatientswelcome 865-539-1119